Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve 2007. That's when it all began. I had purchased a crochet kit from Barnes & Noble on a whim and decided that while our daughter (The Little Tomato) was napping I would try to teach myself crochet. Sitting down with a hook and a bit of yarn in front of YouTube, I fumbled with chains and single crochet.

Backing up a bit, The Little Tomato was born in 2007. She received several beautiful hand-knit sweaters and hats. I was inspired by the creativity, thoughtfulness and time people put into these projects. I had always wanted to knit, but after casting on, knitting never worked for me. Maybe wielding one hook would be easier than two needles?

My first attempts were sorry looking creations. But I was doing it! With a little more diligence and practice crochet could work.

The next entries will be catching up on this year's projects so the June posting dates are a bit deceiving. Hope you enjoy looking at these creations and are inspired to try crocheting.

- The Crochet Doodler

No comments: