Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blanket of Tears

Feeling confident about crocheting, I decided to tackle a bigger project. Martha Stewart's site has a baby blanket pattern I thought was cute and would allow me to practice single crochet. This blanket really helped boost my confidence because I could gain speed and polish off a row rather quickly.

So why all the tears? At the time I started this project The Little Tomato hated going to bed. As she cried and protested I would sit outside her door and furiously crochet the blanket. I would keep saying to myself, finish another row and hopefully she'll stop crying or better yet, fall asleep. Sometimes this worked and sometimes I would end up in tears myself. Thankfully The Little Tomato goes to bed with little fuss now and the blanket is finished!
  • Pattern: Crochet Baby Blanket from marthastewart.com

  • Red Heart Super Saver yarn in aran & sage

  • Hook: F/5 (first time to break a hook)
  • Lessons learned: gauge (it turned into more of an afghan than baby blanket), switching colors, turning/even edges - first part of the blanket is a bit wavy
-The Crochet Doodler

1 comment:

Abigail (aka Mamatouille) said...

We've had times of our little tomatoes doing the same thing! I'm so glad they are both in stages now where they go to sleep pretty easily. Crocheting seems like a good antidote but I can imagine myself in tears as well over the no-sleep situation!