Making a gingham plaid intrigued me. It's a bit of an optical illusion the way squares line up to create the gingham. You carry the three colors all the way through the pattern. While this saves the effort of weaving in a gazillion ends, I found periodically untangling the yarns annoying.
Since I was under a bit of a time crunch to get this done, I made the back a single color. Wow, did that go a lot faster and the gauge was also completely different (less chains, fyi).
The only other note is that I put in a 14 inch pillow form instead of a 16 inch. The final product turned out so well that I'm contemplating the agony of the 3 strands to make one for myself. Thanks for the lovely visit M.P.F. and M.F.!
Pattern: Gingham Pillows by Lily Sugar 'n Cream
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Dark Country Blue, Off White and Light Country Blue
Hook: f/5
Lessons Learned: Carrying and switching colors throughout a pattern, reverse single crochet (edging)
-The Crochet Doodler
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I love color work, but untangling the mess of more than 1 ball of yarn is a pain. And it's not exactly portable when you're juggling 3 balls of yarn! But the pillow is super cute. I'm currently enamored with a two color dish cloth pattern and I just finished untangling that mess a while ago! :-)
Post a Comment