Since I taught myself to crochet on New Year's Eve, I feel like the New Year's post is the one mandatory posting for this blog. Last year I did one project. That's it. It counters the crochet insanity from the previous year. Even though I had plans for Christmas crocheting, I just couldn't pick up the hook more than once.
Okay, there is a bit of a back-story to the crochet hiatus 1) I started an insanely big and complicated cross-stitch (it's still not done, but hopefully will be next year); 2) pregnancy; 3) having a baby; and 4) having a preschooler. It doesn't help that the Michael's by my house has stopped carrying any decent yarns. Ugly, heavy yarn just isn't inspiring, especially for baby shower gifts.
Next year I see 2 or 3 projects on the horizon not to mention the cross stitch I haven't finished as well as the cross stitch I need to start and have done by next Christmas (baby's stocking). We'll see next year if any of this gets done!
Happy New Year 2012!
-The Crochet Doodler
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment