One of the projects I would do if I could knit would be something in cable. As a child I gravitated to cable knit sweaters. Crochet, at best, does an approximation of cable knit.
This pattern intrigued me because it's a baby blanket of cables! It was thrilling to see the cables emerge from the double and triple post crochet. The technique is not too difficult and works up at a moderate pace.
That said, it does eat up its fair share of yarn. The yarn is really soft, but makes the cable more lacy and stretchy than the original pattern, so you need to be careful about your gauge or like me, make a bigger blanket. The softness and drape of the yarn is a worthwhile trade-off for throwing gauge out the window.
All in all, this makes for an elegant baby blanket. Congratulations Baby CG!
-Pattern: Pretty in Pink by Candi Jensen
-Yarn: Bernat Satin Sport, Jade
-Hook: f/5
-Lessons Learned: Cable crochet!!!!!!
-The Crochet Doodler
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do love to cable! It's so easy and looks great. Love the blanket!
I think I know who Baby CG is! What a gorgeous blanket and it looks so incredibly soft.
Post a Comment